In cases in which the patient wishes to reduce the size of the breasts we offer the breast reduction procedure that readjusts the volume of the breast while maintaining the natural shape of the breast.
- Surgery Type:No overnight stay
- Anesthesia: Epidural
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
After Surgery CareHaving completed the breast reduction/lifting surgery it is important that you take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient can return home the same day.
- The patient should wear a surgical bra for approximately 1 month after breast reduction or breast lifting surgery.
- You should be accompanied by someone for the first 24 hours after surgery, by someone who can take care of you.
- You should sleep in a semi-seated position for the first 3 days.
- Begin your post-surgery treatment after the 3rd day, particularly sessions of Ultrasound Therapy
- Post Surgery treatment will help reduce inflammation and will help maintain and optimize the results of the surgery to ensure the recovery is fast and efficient.
- Avoid driving for the first 20 days.
- Try to avoid raising your arms for the first week.
- Avoid rigorous movements for approximately the first month.
- The muscle discomfort that you may experience in the first week can be controlled by the pain relief medicines indicated by your doctor.
- The stitches will be removed approximately 10-15 days after the breast reduction surgery.
- Follow the instructions of the specialist to achieve the ideal breast shape.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol both of which interfere with the wound recovery.
- In case of any concerns it is recommended that you consult the surgeon directly rather than consulting other people who may have had breast reduction/breast lifting surgery.
- Recovery does not happen immediately and the exact recovery period varies from patient-to-patient.
Related ProceduresIf you want achieve a more beautiful figure we suggest you consider complementary procedures such as lower back Liposuction.
Frequently Asked Questions about Breast Reduction and Breast Lifting
Do you have photos?See Before and after photos of Breast reduction / breast lift
Prices and costs?We believe that every patient is unique and should be treated as such. For this reason we recommend that you make an appointment for a patient evaluation during which we can discuss your expectations for breast reduction surgery and the options and costs of the procedure.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can calculate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period (2 weeks) for the breast reduction / breast lifting surgery. Once you communicate your travel itinerary to our client service representative we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
Duration of SurgeryThe breast reduction / breast lifting surgery will take approximately 2-3 hours.
What medication should I take afterwards?Your doctor will give you a medical prescription after your surgery outlining what medication you should take and the frequency during your recovery period.
How can I make an appointment?Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon.
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
What information should I tell the surgeon?
During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.
We hope you have found all the necessary information to help you make the right decision for you. We know that every patient is different and for this reason strongly encourage all our patients to discuss their unique case with one of our surgeons. Take the first steps to improve your appearance today!