- Surgery Type: Requires Hospitalization
- Anesthesia:Local sedation
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
Every hospitalized patient can enjoy:
- Room with TV and Cable, Air Conditioning, Hot Water.
- Room Service for food
- Round the clock 24 hour nurse service
- All necessary medication for the duration of your hospitalization.
After-Surgery CareHaving completed the facelift surgery it is important that you take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient should remain hospitalized for the first day.
- Avoid direct sun for the entire recovery period.
- For the first few days following the face lift the patient should sleep facing upwards, with the head raised slightly.
- For the first 3 days you should try to speak only when necessary and avoid sudden or rough movements.
- You should eat healthy foods after facelift surgery, including vegetables, fruit, lean meat and plenty of water.
- Begin your post-surgery treatment according to the surgeons instructions, we particularly recommend biophotonic therapy,Laser and Ultrasound
- Post Surgery treatment will help reduce any swelling as well as ensure that your recovery from the facelift is as complete and fast as possible.
- The stitches will be removed after the second week following the Rhitidectomy.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol both of which interfere with the wound recovery.
- In case of any concerns it is recommended that you consult the surgeon directly rather than consulting other people who may have had a face lift surgery.
- Recovery does not happen immediately and the exact recovery period varies from patient-to-patient
- Apply cold dressings in the swollen areas as necessary
Related ProceduresTo obtain a complete facial rejuvenation the face lift procedure can be combined with Eye Lid Surgery (Blepharoplasty), Endoscopic Face Lift and a Nose surgery (Rinoplasty)
Frequently Asked Questions about Facelift (Rhitidectomy)
Prices and costs?We believe that every patient is unique and should be treated as such. For this reason we recommend that you make an appointment for a patient evaluation during which we can discuss your expectations for face lift surgery and the options and costs of the procedure.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can calculate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period (2 weeks) for the Rhitidectomy surgery. Once you have communicated your travel itinerary to our client service representative we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
Duration of SurgeryThe face lift surgery will take approximately 3-4 hours, although complex cases may take more time.
What medication should I take afterwards?After the surgical intervention your surgeon will provide you with a detailed medication program that will list the medications that you should take during recovery period.
How can I make an appointment?Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon.
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
What information should I tell the surgeon?
During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.