We use an advanced, computerized laser ray to remove a very thin layer of superficial skin and which stimulates the regeneration of the skin collagen.
Once the laser resurfacing procedure is complete we apply a semipermeable membrane to regenerate the face tissue.
Above all, this is a very effective way to improve your facial beauty. It is painless and doesn't require stitches or face incisions.
- Surgery Type: No overnight stay
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
Post Surgery CareHaving completed the laser resurfacing surgery it is important that you take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient can return home on the same day.
- We recommend around 10 days of absolute rest
- A nurse from our clinic will look after you for those 10 days.
- Avoid direct sun for the entire recovery period.
- You should eat healthy foods after the resurfacing laser treatment, including vegetables, fruit, lean meat and plenty of water
- The majority of patients can return to normal daily activities after 10 days of rest (no rigorous activities).
- Your skin will have a slight redness for the first few weeks. You can use a cosmetic make-up base to minimize this effect during this time.
- If you experience slight discomfort during the first week we suggest you take the correct medicine prescribed by the doctor to relieve the pain.
- In case of any concerns it is recommended that you consult the surgeon directly rather than consulting other people who may have had resurfacing laser surgery.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol both of which interfere with the wound recovery.
- Recovery does not happen immediately and the exact recovery period varies from patient-to-patient.
Frequently Asked Questions about Resurfacing Laser
Prices and Costs?We believe that every patient is unique and should be treated as such. For this reason we recommend that you make an appointment for a patient evaluation during which we can discuss your expectations for nose surgery and the options and costs of the face resurfacing procedure.
How can I make an appointment?Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon.
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
Duration of SurgeryThe face resurfacing procedure will take approximately 3-4 hours, although complex cases may take more time.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can calculate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period for the face resurfacing surgery. Once you communicate your travel itinerary to our client services representative we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
What medication should I take?Following the surgery your surgeon will give you a medical prescription to use during the recovery period.
What information should I tell the surgeon?During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.
We hope you have found all the necessary information to help you make the right decision for you. We know that every patient is different and for this reason strongly encourage all our patients to discuss their unique case with one of our surgeons. Take the first steps to improve your appearance today!