- Surgery Type:Day surgery
- Anesthesia: Epidural
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
Post Surgery CareAlter the Gynecomastia it is important to take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient can return home on the same day.
- Eat healthy foods including vegetables, fruits, lean meat and plently of water.
- We recommend that you use a girdle to apply gentle pressure to the area operated and to heal the skin.
- You should begin your post surgical treatment after the 3rd day following the Gynemcomastia surgery; we particularly recommend sessions of ultrasound and laser treatment.
- Post-surgical treatment is an essential part of the intervention because it helps reduce inflammation, maintains and optimizes the Gynecomastia surgery to ensure a more efficient and fast recovery.
- The majority of patients of male breast reduction surgery can return to normal activities after the 3rd day following the operation.
- If you experience discomfort in the first week take the suggested pain relief medicine as indicated by the doctor.
- The stitches will be removed after the first week following the operation.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol both of which interfere with the wound recovery.
- In case of any concerns it is recommended that you consult the surgeon directly rather than consulting other people who may have had gynecomastia.
- Results does not happen immediately and the exact recovery period varies from patient-to-patient.
Related ProceduresIf you would also like to have a more svelt figure we suggest you consider a Liposuction procedure.
Frequently asked questions about Gynecomastia
Prices and costs?We believe that every patient is unique and should be treated as such. For this reason we recommend that you make an appointment for a patient evaluation during which we can discuss your expectations for male breast reduction surgery and the options and costs of the procedure.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can calculate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period for Gynecomastia surgery. Once you communicate your travel itinerary to our client services representatives we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
Duration of SurgeryThe Gynecomastia procedure will take approximately 1 hour.
What medication should I take afterwards?After the Gynecomastia surgery your surgeon will provide you with a detailed medication program that will list the medications that you should take during recovery period.
How can I make an appointment?Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon.
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
What information should I tell the surgeon?
During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.
Finally, before you decide to proceed with a male breast reduction please consider your own expectations and discuss them with the surgeon.
Before you decide to proceed with Mentoplasty we would encourage you to consider carefully your expectations and discuss them with the surgeon
We hope you have found all the information you require to make a decision. We realize that every single patient is unique, for this reason we strongly encourage you to discuss your case with one of our certified and accredited surgeons. Take the first steps to improve your appearance today!