Rhinoplasty can also correct congenital birth defects, help respiratory problems, change the size of the nasal opening, and alter the angle of the nose and upper lip. We also recommend Rhinoplasty as part of reconstructive surgery resulting from serious face injuries.
To make a permanent change to the nose it is advisable that the patient waits until the body is fully formed; for this reason we recommend that patients are at least 16 years old.
- Surgery Information:No over night stay
- Anesthesia: Sedation
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
After Surgery CareHaving completed the nose surgery it is important that you take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient can return home the same day.
- For the first three days it is normal to experience some swelling and blood pigmentation under the skin. Apply ice or cold water compresses in the affected area to reduce these temporary side effects.
- You should eat healthy foods after nose surgery, including vegetables, fruit, lean meat and plenty of water.
- Avoid direct sun until you have completely recovered.
- You shouldn't blow your nose for at least 1 to 2 weeks after the scars have healed correctly.
- Begin post surgical treatment according to the surgeons instructions, we recommend sessions of bio photonic therapy.
- Post surgical treatment is an important part of Rhinoplasty because it helps reduce swelling, maintains and optimizes the nose surgery to ensure a more efficient and fast recovery.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol both of which interfere with the wound recovery.
- In case of any concerns it is recommended that you consult the surgeon directly rather than consulting other people who may have had nose surgery.
- Recovery does not happen immediately and the exact recovery period varies from patient-to-patient.
Related ProceduresFor those who want to enjoy a more aesthetically beautiful face we invite you to consider complementary procedures such as Chin surgery, Ear surgery and Cheek surgery..
Frequently asked questions about Rhinoplasty
Do you have photos?See Before and after photos of Nose surgery
How can I make an appointment?Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon.
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can calculate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period (2 weeks) for the nose surgery. Once you communicate your travel itinerary to our client services representatives we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
Duration of SurgeryThe nose surgery will take approximately 1-2 hours, although complex cases may take more time.
Prices and costs?We believe that every patient is unique and should be treated as such. For this reason we recommend that you make an appointment for a patient evaluation during which we can discuss your expectations for nose surgery and the options and costs of the procedure.
What medication should I take afterwards?After the surgical intervention your surgeon will provide you with a detailed medication program that will list the medications that you should take during recovery period.
What information should I tell the surgeon?
During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.
We hope you have found all the necessary information to help you make the right decision for you. We know that every patient is different and for this reason strongly encourage all our patients to discuss their unique case with one of our surgeons. Take the first steps to improve your appearance today!