The Russian Threads procedure is over in less than one hour and is performed without cuts, scars or bleeding. A local anesthetic is used.
- Surgery Type:No overnight stay
- Anesthesia: Local sedation
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
Post Surgery CareHaving completed the Russian Threads surgery it is important that you take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient can return home on the same day.
- For the first 3 days it is a good idea for you to only speak when necessary.
- You should eat healthy foods after Russian Threads surgery, including vegetables, fruit, lean meat and plenty of water
- Avoid direct sun until after full recovery.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol both of which interfere with the wound recovery.
- In case of any concerns it is recommended that you consult the surgeon directly rather than consulting other people who may have had Russian Threads surgery.
- Recovery does not happen immediately and the exact recovery period varies from patient-to-patient.
- Any discomfort and pain should be treated with the pain medication advised by the doctor
- Apply cold compresses in the swollen areas.
Frequently Asked Questions about Russian Threads
Do you have photos?See Before and after photos of Russian Threads
Prices and costs?We believe that every patient is unique and should be treated as such. For this reason we recommend that you make an appointment for a patient evaluation during which we can discuss your expectations for Russian Threads surgery and the options and costs of the procedure.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can calculate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period (2 weeks) for the Russian Threads surgery. Once you communicate your travel itinerary to our client service representative we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
Duration of SurgeryThe procedure lasts on average 1 hour and doesn't require hospitalization. The patient should take anti-inflammatories and anti-biotics during post surgery however the swelling is minor that the patient can return to a normal schedule very quickly.
What medication should I take afterwards?Upon completing Russian Threads your doctor will give you a medication schedule with the medications you should take during your recovery period.
How can I make an appointment?Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon.
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
What information should I tell the surgeon?
During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.
We hope you have found all the necessary information to help you make the right decision for you. If you have any additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us and one of our surgeons will respond as soon as possible. We know that every patient is different and for this reason strongly encourage all our patients to discuss their unique case with one of our surgeons. Take the first steps to improve your appearance today!