‘Doctores Triana’ believe that every patient is unique and every case deserves individual attention. With the Abdominoplasty procedure we want to analyze each case and propose an appropriate treatment. For example there may be cases in which it might be more appropriate that we performa a Mini abdominoplasty due to a low degree of flaccidity.
We try to make incisions in the most discrete areas so that the recovery is as fast as possible, depending on each patient’s particular case.
- Type of treatment: Overnight stay
- Anesthesia: Conductive Sedation
- View Pre-surgical Procedures
To ensure an effective experience for all our clients we have fine tuned a pre-surgery process that collects important information about our clients, and their circumstances
- Rehabiliation room with cable TV, air conditioning and hot water
- Room service for food
- 24 hour nurse care
- All medication necessary for the duration of your hospitalization
Post Surgical CareAfter the Abdominoplasty operation it is important to take into account the following recommendations:
- The patient should remain hospitalized for the first day
- The patient should be accompanied by a friend or family member for the first 48 hours to assist with the patients needs and for company.
- It is recommended that you use a abdomen support garment.
- Eat healthy: vegetables, fruit, lean meat and lots of water.
- It is important that you begin moving around early together with breathing therapy under the guidance of a specialist.
- For the first week we recommend that you do not walk in a totally stretched upright position.
- Begin your post surgical treatment after the third day following the procedure; we recommend massage, ultrasound, thermal blanket and laser treatment.
- The post surgical treatment is highly recommended as an effective way to reduce swelling, shapes the abdomen, and optimizes the outcome of the surgery for a faster and more effective recuperation.
- The majority of Abdominoplasty patients can return to normal daily activities after 2 weeks, obviously without participating in strenuous activities
- If you experience muscular pain in the first week after the Abdominoplasty you should take the correct medication as indicated by the doctor to relieve the pain.
- The stitches can be removed after the second week.
- You should not smoke or drink alcohol because they are likely to interfere with the healing wound.
- If you have any concerns it is advisable to seek the advice of your surgeon rather than compare your case with another patient.
- The recovery period will vary depending on many factors, and may take several weeks to see the final outcome of your Abdominoplasty.
Related ProceduresIf you want to further improve your figure you can also look for other procedures such as Breast augmentation, Liposuction of the lower back, waist and thighs.
Frequently asked questions about Abdominoplasty
Do you have photos?See before and after photos of abdominoplasty.
Prices and costs?Every single patient and procedure is unique. For this reason we strongly recommend that you make an appointment for a private evaluation of your case during which we can discuss your expectations and the surgeon will discuss the options available to you and the associated costs.
How can I make an appointment?Making an appointment is very easy. Our client service department is available throughout the day to answer your questions and make appointments for an evaluation with our surgeon. Please visit our contact page for more information - we look forward to hearing from you!
If you try to contact us outside of our normal office hours please leave a message and a client service representative will get in touch with you within 24 hours.
Duration of the Abdominoplasty Procedure?The procedure usually takes approximately 3-4 hours.
How soon after the procedure can I fly in an airplane?You can estimate your return flight by taking into account the recommended recovery period (2 weeks) for the Abdominoplasty. Once you communicate your travel itinerary to our client service representative we will provide you with a certificate that states that you have recently undergone an operation. This will help facilitate special care from the airline.
What medication should I take afterwards?After the surgical intervention your surgeon will provide you with a detailed medication program that will list the medications that you should take during recovery period.
What information should I tell the surgeon?
During the initial appointment please provide the surgeon with a full picture of your medical history; this helps us provide you with the most appropriate treatment:
- Discuss your present and past illnesses.
- List previous surgeries.
- List previous hospitalizations.
- Mention what medication you are currently taking as well as whether and in what frequency you smoke and/or drink.
- Please also inform the surgeon of relevant medical conditions in your family.
Finally, before you decide to proceed with an Abdominoplasty please consider your own expectations and discuss them with the surgeon.
We hope you have found all the information you require to make a decision. We realize that every single patient is unique, for this reason we strongly encourage you to discuss your case with one of our certified and accredited surgeons. Take the first steps to improve your appearance today!